iTunes question..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" white macbook. 2 GHz Core 2 Duo. 160GB. 2GB memory, and giving leapord a second chance.
im new to apple, and iTunes, and i have alot of files that are either duplicates, or no longer on my HD.. and i would like to clean up my library to what i have currently on the HD.

what can i do to either wipe everything off iTunes, or replace it with only files that i have in a specific folder?

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
To delete all files from you library you simply need to select them all and drag it to the trash can. It will ask if you want to keep the actual files and that is up to you. If you want to just delete duplicates than under itunes>View>show duplicates. From there just drag what you want into the trash can. To put music on from a specific file just drag it on to itunes in the Library. If you need more help or clarification feel free to ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
or create a new clean library.

Advances > Consolidate Library (that will gather up all the songs that are not missing in to one place)

Then as suggested above use find duplicated to hunt down those extra files, or download the script "Corral iTunes Dupes" from from dougscripts.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.