• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why am I in Geology Class?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook. 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2GB ram. 120GB HD. 250 GB external. Mac OSX 2.5 Leopard
Why'd I sign up for this stupid class?! *hits self in head*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
i'm a geography major, and we do way too much with rocks.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook. 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2GB ram. 120GB HD. 250 GB external. Mac OSX 2.5 Leopard
ugh, I'm sorry for you. We deal with maps a lot, and my instructor amkes it SOOO boring...

Reaction score
A friend of a friend of a friend used a hypnotist who told her she loved her history classes. I haven't a clue if it worked.

Rock on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
yeah, i am in geology...stupid rocks

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it wouldn't be so bad if my teacher wasn't so boring. He follows NO plan at all, he just starts talking about stuff. I can't take notes liek this! T-T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
I have a lecturerer very similar to that!

The guy who teaches us (mainly) electronics, is clearly a VERY VERY VERY intelligent man, but unfortuntly his great knowledge of the subject often overruns the actual plan of our lectures and so, we learn pretty much nothing on the actual stuff we need, but instead learn a wide range of useless infomation :p

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The geology class at my school is what seniors take for an easy A. We also have a class for dinosaurs. I wish I had the time to take that class, it sounded like so much fun :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I have a lecturerer very similar to that!

The guy who teaches us (mainly) electronics, is clearly a VERY VERY VERY intelligent man, but unfortuntly his great knowledge of the subject often overruns the actual plan of our lectures and so, we learn pretty much nothing on the actual stuff we need, but instead learn a wide range of useless infomation :p

~~ TS ~~

Useless information is how you win Trivial Pursuit

Reaction score
I fell you man I'm an Aerospace Major and I have to take... drumroll please... Philosophy. I was like What?!?! I tell myself when am I going to use Kant's theories and all that other stuff. Let me think about it... never.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
If it is a college class, I hear that gen. ed classes are required for you to be at least somewhat more flexible than if you only focused on your major. So basically, gen. eds are required so you'll be valuable to other industries even if you can't find a job in your field right away. That way, you won't have to flip burgers with a Bachelor's Degree because you can't find a job in your field. I like the idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
dude, everyone should take a philosophy class

thinking is something you need to do in anything, philosophy encourages critical thinking

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.