Need software for a time calculator.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
On my old PC I had downloaded a time calculator (sort of like a Mac widget), but that software won't work on my new Mac. It looks just like a regular calculator EXCEPT it was only used for adding and subtracting hours and minutes. As a flight attendant I have to keep track of my monthly hours of flight times.

I have searched the net but can't find just a simple time calculator that will work on my Mac.

Thanks for any ideas!!

Carleen

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
You could just use a spreadsheet to keep track. If you've got MS Office for Mac, Excel will do time calculations... I would think Numbers in iWork does too, but I can't check for you right now...
Anyone else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 - 768 SDRAM - 667 MHz - 15" - Keeping it REAL..... real old that is...
Good point Neo. I forgot all about Excel.

As long as you know how to enter the formulas to get what you are wanting out of it, it would work.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've been thinking about this more...do you just need to add a series of times together? Like 3 hours 21 minutes from JFK to ATL + 7 hours 59 minutes from ATL to LAX = 11 hours 20 minutes? If so, try this Dashboard widget. However this one will NOT allow you to calculate the time elapsed, say, between 9:23:00 AM and 1:03:40 PM.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
Neo, Thank you soooo much!! That Dashboard widget is EXACTLY what I needed!!! In fact, it is even much easier to use than the old one I used on my PC!!
I am in awe of how this forum produces results.

Now I need to know how to mark or notate that my question/problem was solved?

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think you just did.
:)

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
When i was at uni a fellow student's father was a pilot and the student for his final year project developed an application in java to run on a PDA to record flight hours etc It was developed specifically for pilots.

I have no contact for the student, but will ask around, maybe he would give/sell you a copy of the software

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.