bootcamp can not partition drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
hi guys

i am using leopard and trying to get bootcamp working but when i try 2 partition the drive it says it carnt as some files can not be moved.

is there a way 2 get round this with out doing a full new install as i carnt lose some of the data from my laptop and dont have a good place to back it up.

thanks
Alex

Reaction score
hey, i have the exact same problem and i really dont want to format my drive. i have heard things about using defrag apps but all of them only work for 10.4 and not leopard. does anyone have any other suggestions to get this to work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD, OS X Leopard
I had the same problem. I formatted my Mac and did a clean installation of Leopard and now it works.

I know the formatting and back-up procedure is a hassle but it really is worth it because Leopard performs much better and faster when you do a clean installation.

OP
proxy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
thanks got my eye on a nice new 250gb harddrive any way so will prob do it that way

Reaction score
Could someone please help me out. I'm having the exact same problem. Could someone walk me through the process?

How do I format it to work?
What's the easiest way to backup? And how?

Any help would be awesome.

Thank you
Ben

Reaction score
this is exactly why im still not using boot camp even though i really really want to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Well I had this problem too. The solution i found was to move my files to external drive and made some nice 50GB free space. Then when I tried to partition it worked..... you can copy the files back again after patitioning.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.