Second Time's a Charm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
Had a macbook and sold it because the 13" was just to small for my eyes. Bought a Dell 17" sent it back. Bought a 17" HP, sent it back. Now I'm getting ready to purchase a Macbook Pro because once you've felt the quality of the macbook nothing else will do... I do have a question here... I've read that the 17" pro doesn't have an LED screen. Is this something I will notice (assuming I buy a 17" not sure if I can make myself fork out that kind of money)? So I’m really looking more at the 15” 2.2 Gig but you never know. When I’m looking at them side by side I might just walk out with the 17”…

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 - 768 SDRAM - 667 MHz - 15" - Keeping it REAL..... real old that is...
No, it doesnt have the LED-Backlite screen. It does have a Hi-Res LCD screen though. The system uses a 1,920-by-1,200-pixel screen and features a 2.4-GHz Core 2 Duo with a "Santa Rosa" chip set for better performance and longer battery life (According to MacNN.com).

You can check out some specs at http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/06/20/macbook.pro.17.hi.res/

May not give the exact answer you are looking for, but it will give you some more info if you haven't read it yet.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
so...you've done research into this MBP, right? you are familiar with common complaints of new (and not-so-new) MBP owners?

OP
zyepod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I've read several post on this forum. I do see that some people have troubles. I also know that with anything you have thats electrical or mechanical your subject to having problems. Luck or what ever I've not had many of the problems I've read about speaking of PC of course. Hopefully I'll be as lucky with my new macbook pro. As a matter of fact I'm typing this message on it now. I bought the 15" 2.4Gig w/matte screen just today. I've just updated to Leopard and currently setting up my mail while surfing the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Something quickly worth mentioning...

When reading the forums, dont take whats said as the gospel truth. People often comes to forums to rant and vent about bad purchases and faulty software/hardware. However its no where near as often people come to forums to tell people how GREAT things went.

With that in mind, dont forget that no doubt for ever bad post you read, there are probably a few hundred happy customers to go against it :)

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
Just thought that I would chip in here to say that I have a MBP too, for just over a month now, and I still love it to pieces, no problems so far /touchwood :)

OP
zyepod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well after the second day of use I have no complaints. All is well... One thing I really like about mac is the spell check. Man I needed that. When using my PC if I was unsure about the spelling I would open word and paste in in for the spell check. Airport... I've used two other laptops here with maybe two dots of signal strength while Airport right now is showing a full signal.I also bought a matte screen which is not what I went after but after looking at both it works best for me. Now I can see what's on my screen and not what's behind me...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.