• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Holiday Email Hoax?

JRV

Reaction score
I just got this from a friend and it looks really shady to me. Anyone else get this email about The Bloods and The Crypts?

For you shoppers, please be careful!

GANGS AT THE CHERRY MALL AND FRANKLIN MILLS IN PHILADELPHIA

I was just informed by a police officer at the state prison in Camden, that there are two gangs, the BLOODS and the CRIPS, hanging out at the Cherry Hill Mall and the Franklin Mills Mall in Pennsylvania, assaulting people (raping, robbing, carjacking, and any crime you can think off) after 5:00pm. These crimes happen more on weekends.

He recommends not going shopping alone; especially after 5:00pm.

PLEASE PASS ALONG TO THE PEOPLE YOU CARE!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication from the Office of the New Jersey Attorney General is privileged
and confidential and is intended for the sole use of the persons or entities who are the addressees. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, the dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the information it contains is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately contact the Office of the Attorney General at (609) 292-4925 to arrange for the return of this information.

The information contained in or attached to this transmission may contain confidential or privileged information. It is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not a recipient named above, you are hereby notified that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply email and delete or destroy this and all copies of the original message and any attachments.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
if it is legit, I think you broke the agreement at the bottom.

but no, it does not look real to me. Thanks for sharing just incase it is though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
120 GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 2.16 GHz Core2Duo, white MB
I got that email too from someone back home (I'm originally from that area). But aren't the Bloods and Crips two rival gangs out in LA? Although I don't know anything about gangs, maybe it's like fraternities and they have chapters across the country, haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'll make sure I stay away from Jersey and Philly....;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Wow I can't believe they rape people right there in the mall.

Yes Crips and Bloods are all over the nation. Them, like all gangs, spread eventually.

F

Fallooza

im a member of the CRIPS and i can assure you we arent doin that. i dont know about the BLOODS they might be... i hate those guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
the cips and bloods are nationwide organizations. along with the latin kings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66, ATI 1900, 5 GB RAM, 750 GB Storage
This is an oft repeated hoax. The same thing occurs every so often with the gang initiation ritual of driving woth the lights out and chasing anyone who flashes their lights at them. Same official notice at the botton as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.