• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Top mac Websites?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.2 GHz, 2gb RAM, 120gb HD
hey, what are the top sites to go to for technical info about macs, as well as everyday news and such..

i know of macworld, and mac life.. so far those are the best i have seen..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I second for Tuaw, I love it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
I use Tuaw, Macrumors and mac-forums.. I only post here though. Great crowd here. I've found enough forums elsewhere that are just crap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
I use both macroumers and This forum.

I only use macRoumers for there front page news and have not tried there forum. I like this forum as the people here are very helpfull and posts are answered really quickly. Thay are very strict here though which im not to keen on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
I use Tuaw, Macrumors and mac-forums.. I only post here though. Great crowd here. I've found enough forums elsewhere that are just crap.

You are absolutely correct. I too read posts at other sites occasionally, but I only post here. I always know that I will be able to engage in polite, mostly intelligent discussion here. That is why I stay, even though I now know how to use my Mac just fine. I came here for getting answers and I stay here for the enjoyment that comes from giving them to others. Of course, that doesn't mean that I don't still ask questionsO:) , it's just that now my questions always have answers that can't be found in the Switchers forum.

These days every hobby has several forums devoted to it, but this is the best forum I've encountered in any interest. And that's coming from someone who has received an infraction for not following forum rules about subject content. I knew I broke the rules (after I reread the rules) and I've never resented the Mod who suspended me for it.

Have a great night,
Damien

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Here for the Mac and OSX and Anandtech for the PC and Windows. Those are my main forums I hang out at. I like other sites also but those are my long time mainstays.

OP
husky
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.2 GHz, 2gb RAM, 120gb HD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.