Leopard books

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a good Leopard book for a newbie switcher. I checked out the books on Amazon, but without some excerpts to look at it's hard to decide which is the easiest to learn from.

I'm looking for a book which is very basic, and which will gently show you around the Leopard GUI. Also something well explained for someone who has been out of computing for a couple of years. My main uses of the MacBook are basic (internet, email, wordprocessing, spreadsheets). Nothing fancy - I'm not interested into going into a shell or anything like that! :)

Any feelings from users out there who have already looked at some of the books on offer?

Cheers, Jim

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Reaction score
leopard book

As Bobtomay suggested I'd go with the Missing Manual, I've got that for Tiger and it's great, cheap and very in depth. You decide how much you want to read/learn about it or how little ;) the Missing manual would probably be better than a pocket guide, because a pocket guide would suggest that you have the basic knowledge to work a Mac which it seems you don't, therefore a more detailed book would be good.

Missing Manual is also very easy to read and there are alot of pictures/diagrams to show you what is what on the screenshots.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.