Quick aperture question

Reaction score
I bought aperture with my mac about a year ago. I never installed it because my camera was no good. I just bought an SLR and want to install the program.

Heres the problem. I want to know how many computers I can install it on. I have an Imac in the office and my best friend...my macbook. I'd rather install it on the macbook but would like to install it on both. What can I do?

Thanks much.

RCh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 2GHz C2D 3Gb RAM 160 HDD; Macbook 2.2GHz; 4Gb RAM 160 HDD
Well, I believe that like with (almost) any software, the license is valid for 1 (one) pc, unless you've purchased a family-pack, volume license or similar types of licenses enabling you to install it on multiple computers.
There are some exceptions, though. A (very good) dictionary I use is shipped with Win/Pocket PC versions and it is allowed to install it on one desktop, one laptop and one handheld.
However, I believe that Aperture, as most of pro software, is limited to one computer only.
I guess, the most accurate info you can get from the license agreement. The type of license should be mentioned there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.