Newbie, pls help. About to purchase MBP in Asia

Reaction score
Hi, firstly aplogies for what may seem like a few dumb questions.
I am about to go down the Mac route, and have my eye on a new Macbook Pro. However upon researching I have a few questions to pose.

Firstly as I may very well make my purchase in Japan I am concearned as to any problems with the Wireless Card Locale being Japan. I have read that this has caused problems in wireless connection within Windows. Is this still the case with the newer MBP`s, that there is a driver failure within Bootcamp relating to different chipsets (Artheros/Broadcom)

Secondly would I be better off with a Japanese, UK, or US keyboard?
I plan on spending some time in Japan, so the ability to type in Kana may be useful, but I am in fact resident in the UK. What I am also wondering, is whick Mac keyboard layout translates to windows with minimum problems??

Finally are there likely to be any PAL/NTSC issues resulting from buying the machine in Japan for both the `recording` and playback of video?

In advance, thank you.

Aido.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.