• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone 1.1.2 stops jailbreak?

Reaction score
From T3 - The gadget website in the UK:
"In the UK, November 9th is D-day for everything iPhone. One detail about this date strikes the fear of god into iPhone hackers, however: with the UK phone launching on firmware 1.1.2, it's a question of time before the rest of the world's jesus phones will follow."

"Undoubtedly, 1.1.2 will send the hacking community into frenzy - the previous update certainly did. We're not advocating hacking your iPod in any way, of course, but some gentle experimentation shows that the TIFF exploit (described over at MacNN) which could be used to jailbreak and hack the 1.1.1 iPhone has been closed, rendering the latest attempts to jailbreak the phone obsolete."
I wonder what they mean by "gentle experimentation". Doesn't sound very conclusive, but then again that TIFF exploit seemed precarious anyways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Just to note we don't allow discussion of illegal activity or breaking the EULA.

Our forum rules spell this out in detail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
schweb hacking the iphone using jail break to use a differant sim card isnt illegal or against the eula it's very unfair what apple did with the iphone. people have the right to use what ever phne and network they like well in the uk anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Actually northy, it IS. We had a nice lengthy discussion about this a short while ago. Jailbreaking the iPhone is in violation of the second clause in the iPhone EULA, and according to the rule #4 of Mac-Forums, discussion of things that violate EULAs is not allowed.

Also note the clause in rule #4 that specifies that this board adheres to US laws. So while something may be legal for you in the UK, we still can't discuss it if it's illegal in the US.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how come it illegal in the us i mean it wrong to to make people that want a iphone change carriers to a more expensive tariff. i mean that should be illegal in its self

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
how come it illegal in the us i mean it wrong to to make people that want a iphone change carriers to a more expensive tariff. i mean that should be illegal in its self
Well unfortunately it's not to us to decide what's illegal or not.

But it is up to us who gets to decide those things so remember to vote people! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Well unfortunately it's not to us to decide what's illegal or not.

But it is up to us who gets to decide those things so remember to vote people! :)
Also, write to your lawmakers! I've done it since I was a teenager, and still do it today. Geez, I've even written to Prime Ministers of foreign nations (and even received a response from one.) Write with your real name and address, keep to a single issue, be clear and direct, use proper language, and above all, be polite! Especially with the lower offices, you'll likely receive a response of some kind. In the US, the offices of Senators and Representatives will typically send a response through the mail.

Your lawmakers may not agree with you, but they'll know you disagree with them. That can influence their decision making. They work for us.

Oh, was I on a soapbox? Again? O:)

Reaction score
I worked for a Senator over the summer. Trust me they dont read the mail!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Love My Pink Satin Shoes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Reaction score
Yeah. As well as answering phones. There are standard templates for certain issues (abortion, gun control etc) which we send out with some (but little) customizing. Also, he didnt even sign them lol.

Reaction score
Imagine a world where a gasoline powered car, only worked when you put gasoline into it... It's a monopoly really, it's unfair! My diesel car should work with gasoline in it! I'm mad... I am going to write to my lawmakers...<<<---Sarcasm!
It's funny that so many people get upset when they have to switch to att/cingular in order to use a phone made for this company. I wish the group of Communists out there who want the same phone as everyone else would move to say, North Korea? It's inconvenient to switch carriers, but then so are a lot of things... If you expect to be able to pic and choose what you get from who, pull the trigger now, because your in for disappointment... Apple and Att are both in a business venture that makes then both a lot of money... Your phone company didn't put up the most money when iphone carrier rights went up for bid, and now your paying for it... Write to them and complain...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
Imagine a world where a gasoline powered car, only worked when you put gasoline into it... It's a monopoly really, it's unfair! My diesel car should work with gasoline in it! I'm mad... I am going to write to my lawmakers...<<<---Sarcasm!
It's funny that so many people get upset when they have to switch to att/cingular in order to use a phone made for this company. I wish the group of Communists out there who want the same phone as everyone else would move to say, North Korea? It's inconvenient to switch carriers, but then so are a lot of things... If you expect to be able to pic and choose what you get from who, pull the trigger now, because your in for disappointment... Apple and Att are both in a business venture that makes then both a lot of money... Your phone company didn't put up the most money when iphone carrier rights went up for bid, and now your paying for it... Write to them and complain...

Hey, someone else actually gets it!

++

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Was opening the mail your job?
Haha love it :) :)

Well this thread certainly explains the managers outbrake when i asked how people have got there iphones on other networks in the store...
I didnt realise it was illegal.

However i cant believe the poor tarrifs o2 are offering!
Pay as you go would probally work out cheaper

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.