• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Burning a DVD with menus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i am attempting to burn a dvd that contains what appears to be the files from the original purchased dvd. i'm wondering what exactly i need to put within the burn folder so that my dvd player properly reads the dvd. would it be best to have the files on their own or better if they remain in the "video_ts" folder they are currently in. i'd prefer not to waste discs (and time, very slow burner) on experimenting. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

i've attached a clipping of what im dealing with.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Please read the forum rules. This violates them.

why? this is a home movie that was givin to him by a friend and he wants to make duplicates of it. He has already gone through the ripping process but cannot seem to be able to burn it, still with the menus in place. And this breaks forums rules how?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac
He says it is "purchased". Where does he say it is a home movie? Forum rules are forum rulels. PM him if you can help him out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
why? this is a home movie that was givin to him by a friend and he wants to make duplicates of it. He has already gone through the ripping process but cannot seem to be able to burn it, still with the menus in place. And this breaks forums rules how?

Considering part of the filename is "Deadwood" I would be willing to bet it's not a "home movie". Let's not play game and just call a spade a spade. He's breaking the law.

Just in case you haven't read it yet, I suggest reading this:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=70&a=20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.