• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Boot camp!Windows!Blah!Blah!Blah!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20 inch dual core. 16 GB ipad.
I switched to Mac many years ago to escape the problems I encountered with Windows, ie, viruses, crashes and unreliable software. I found the OS easy to use and by spending lots of happy hours playing with the system discovered simple ways to do things that would take ages using microsoft. Don't get me wrong I'm no expert and still rely on the Forum to help me with problems and also make the most of an enjoyable OS. The thing is every time I visit the Forum lately it is full of posts bleating about how Bootcamp won't run this or that and why don't Mac work like windows. WISE UP! It's not windows It's the best OS there is and you should be learning to make the most of it not trying to make it work like windows. You've bought a Mac. ENJOY it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.0GHz, Airport Extreme, 3G iPod Nano
They're not trying to make their computers work like Windows. They're trying to install Windows on their computer. Lots of people need to use both OS's, and Mac is the only manufacturer that gives them this option. If you don't want to use Windows, you have a very simple option: Don't.

OP
pirrip
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20 inch dual core. 16 GB ipad.
It's not that I don't just want to use windows this is a Forum for Mac and it is being overtaken by people who only want to use windows on a Mac. They have the choice as well. Buy a Dell.

Reaction score
What if there is a person who uses his mac for everything, but for work he needs to run a program in windows? Is that overtaking this forum?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.