Scanning?

Reaction score
in photoshop cs 2, how do I scan something? On my pc it was just in the import area.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Photoshop requires that you have a plugin installed for the make of scanner you have.

Visit the manufacturers site and see if they have a mac installer for your machine (most do - macs do graphics after all).

In the unlikely event that you have a scanner with no mac driver - a program called VueScan that may help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Depends on your scanner. I have a Canon Cano-scan LIDE 20 (cheap USB scanner, but it works okay) that has drivers that allows Photoshop CS1 to scan just fine. It doesn't work in Acrobat CS1, but I can use Photoshop to scan then import into Acrobat if necessary.

It also does not work at all with Photoshop CS3, so I have to keep CS1 around if I want to scan anything (complete with the necessity of Rosetta.) It all depends on the available drivers.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the link but the download is the same as what came on the cd.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.