Networking Epson C84 with OS9 and OSX

T

twoods

Here’s a network puzzle. I have a Mac Desktop running OS9 using a D-Link Wireless Router 614+ The desktop is plugged into the LAN port ... The wireless is for my G4 PowerBook running OSX (Panther). I would like to connect my Epson C84 to a network that my laptop can access. As it is now. It is connected directly to my desktop. I don't want to use my desktop computer as a print server, but somehow use a Print server in infrastructure mode for the Desktop and the wireless laptop. Is there a Print Server that would accommodate that set up? Some printers do not work (Host Printers .... CAPT) and I am unsure if the Epson C84 is one of them. Also, on my OS9 computer .... can I use the IP address setup rather than AppleTalk? (I mention this because I turn off AppleTalk because it interferes with some video editing I do).

Thanks,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.