• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just got a new macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
Some of you may remember the problems I had a couple weeks ago with my macbook and the exchange ordeal, etc I went through. Well today was day 15 of the 14 day return policy for my new macbook. With the new macbooks out I figured I'd call the store, talk to the person who was supercool last time and see if she could let me slide in under the 14 day restocking policy so I could get an upgraded Macbook.

She said that since I had so much trouble last time to come on down and she'd hook me up.

I just got back and am in the process of reinstalling all my apps back on my NEW macbook.

Specs are:

2.2ghz
2GB RAM
120GB HD
X3100 Graphics Processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main
Superdrive

The best part is the new macbooks now come with a cloth similar to the one packaged with the iTouch to clean your screen with! ;)

She even waived the restocking fee (without me asking).

I'm STOKED!!!!

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Congratulations!

OP
mac747
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This thing ROCKS! I know its probably not MUCH more powerful, but I just imported 1000 songs from my external drive in a lot less time it took my other MB. It also reindexed my external drive a lot faster too...

At least it seemed to...

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
good for you :), im kinda annoyed cos i just bought mine a week ago but i dont think there is much diff in the new ones

OP
mac747
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I definitely notice an improvement in speed. If its worth it or not, who knows. Different things are worth more to different people.

But I'm happy I got it. :)

T

Reaction score
bought a black book on the 27th Just got an email telling me they are upgrading to the new one free of charge!! i am amped.

OP
mac747
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awesome! Congrats! I definitely notice that this is quicker.

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Good for you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.