• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

The iPhone is Time's invention of the year.

Reaction score
Thats wrong in my eyes it may be the prettiest invention of the year but not the best

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
That was very well written, it took me from never wanting to hear about another iphone again to actually wanting to read what this guy has to say after just a few sentences.

I still don't want to buy an iPhone but all the points he has brought up are indeed true, It is the invention of the year, and I can't wait to see what will come in the future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Can you really categorize it as an "invention"? There are many wonders of science that I think would better fit this. How about the Internet2 project in which they've made a way to transfer 100 GB/s. That kind of technological breakthrough is something that will actually impact everyone and make a major shift in information technology someday. The iPhone is just another phone on the grand scheme of things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
Can you really categorize it as an "invention"? There are many wonders of science that I think would better fit this. How about the Internet2 project in which they've made a way to transfer 100 GB/s. That kind of technological breakthrough is something that will actually impact everyone and make a major shift in information technology someday. The iPhone is just another phone on the grand scheme of things.

I agree, and honestly, there are so many limitations to the device.

There are lots of other things that deserve the spotlight.

OP
Mattlike
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I think whether it was the iPhone or something else, someone would argue why it shouldn't be regardless of the product/invention.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
IMHO, the iPhone is not just "another phone". The human interface concepts it pioneers for mobile devices are truly breakthrough in nature. The iPhone is a game changing device. I believe Time is recognizing this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.