Keyboard question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB, 3 750GB HDs, 250GB HD, two 22" monitors, 1 iMac, 1 13" Macbook Pro, AppleTv, 2 iPhones
I'm not a big mouse person, I grew up with the keyboard, so that is my first choice. In the Windows world, I can do a Ctrl-Left Arrow or Ctrl-Right Arrow to move from word to word. Is there a similar thing in OS X?

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Well sure! Try Alt+Arrows. And you can combine that with Shift for selecting text.
Somewhere - maybe it was in my dreams - I thought I saw a place you could reconfigure your keyboard to make Ctrl work as Alt and Cmd as Ctrl (or whatever). Replying to this post reminded me of it...I'll edit the post if I find it in the next little bit. I know, it's heresy to want to do that, but I still find myself hitting Ctrl-C, for example, and getting three more keystrokes downstream before I realize that no, I didn't copy anything. I was a master of the Keyboard Navigation Arts (in Windows. Now I am Grasshopper).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.