Logitech? Or Creative?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 60 Gig Hard drive
My patner and I are looking to buy a sound system that lets us play music off our computers. My patner has just a normal windows(YUK) PC and I have my MacBook.My patner will be getting a Mac in the close fucture, but not quite yet.

We both wont to know what works better with Mac,Logitech or Creative?

I have used Logitech before, and it was Sh** said it was Mac compatible and it was not.But the one were looking at is on sale at Big W.

What do you guys recomned.For sound and compatiblity out of ^ them .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Speakers are speakers, unless you plan on getting fancy speakers that need special software, like Logitech's speakers with the touch buttons and display. The majority of all speakers will work just fine, no matter the platform. Just plug in the speaker jack, and hit play.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Right, yes but is there any dif in sound betwen the two makes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Most likely not, but read reviews on the speakers that you are looking at. Higher costing speakers will generally sound better than cheaper $50 ones.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am speaking here as an Audiophile and not a computer person. Best thing to do is listen yourself and side by side if you can. Let your ears be the judge. I really liked the TOP of the line Creatives, but the Top Logitechs are nice also. For the lower end models I tended to like the Logitechs more.

My favorites are made by Klipsch but they are not cheap.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yup, just thought that maybe they would be some one here who has Logitech Or Creative or has used both, and were able to give me a more first hand idia as to what there like. Reviews are all fine , but half the time they are so mixed, its hard to know.

I would have to go back to the two diffrent shops, find out witch they are, then go back online to fined out about them, conisering the shops are 30km away , and fuel is not cheap.I think I will just wait for some one eales to tell me there thought on the matter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I've just got these and hooked them up via a TOSlink cable to my MacBook Pro (will work with MacBook). They cost about the same as mid-range PC speakers, but the sound is awesome (for the price). They make some that are double the power for not a lot extra if you want some more volume, but I doubt you'll need it unless you plan on listening to them from half a mile away.

The only drawback is you can't control the volume via the system (volume keys on keyboard/remote); you have to use the dial on the speakers.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I've just got these and hooked them up via a TOSlink cable to my MacBook Pro (will work with MacBook).

I bet those sound quite good.

On the Logitech/Creative thing, Overall I like Logitech the best between the two. I thought I said that already. I have heard and worked with brands.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've just got these and hooked them up via a TOSlink cable to my MacBook Pro (will work with MacBook). They cost about the same as mid-range PC speakers, but the sound is awesome (for the price). They make some that are double the power for not a lot extra if you want some more volume, but I doubt you'll need it unless you plan on listening to them from half a mile away.

The only drawback is you can't control the volume via the system (volume keys on keyboard/remote); you have to use the dial on the speakers.

Those look sweet. I might have to get me a pair.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I might admit, I am not a fan of Logitech.But I have never used Creative......so go figger!

My sister uses logitech and cant stop raving on, but I have always just had problems, joystisck,key baords you name it wont work for me.

I guess its very much a, you ithere like them or you dont. Like Mac and Windows, BMW and Merc's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 15 2.2ghz - 2gb - 8600m gt | ipod nano 8gb
Ive used Logitech 5.1 speakers before, think they were the z640's as far as I can remember. They sounded okay for a set of cheap 5.1 speakers however as dtravis7 said it is best to listen to both sets before purchasing.
Logitechs are usually heavy on the bass while missing alot of mid range sounds.

I havent listened to Creative speakers but it depends on what you prefer to listen to (style of music) Logitech for electronic is my recommendation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
i prefer creative. i like logitech for mice, but not for speakers. could always get a nice pair of cambridge soundworks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, NVidia Graphics.
Klipsch!

I used to think the first Logitech speakers I heard was pretty good. When I heard Klipsch I was amazed and instantly started using those speakers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.