This Is It!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
I am so happy! I get a PB again! I love it! Theres one condition for it though: It has to be the cheapest PB and i have to do well in school. That will be easy. PB HERE I COME! Even though i like to think i am a mac user, i was wondering if there were any interesting terminal commands i might want to use. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Oh no! Here it comes being criticized for my terminal post! For crons, I use terminal. As your own user sudo sh /etc/daily and every week make daily weekly, and do monthly to. Top lists all processes running. Man is a manual list that explains commands, example, type man top. If an app can't be shut down from the GUI or foce quit menu, type top, find the app running, and use the kill (PID) where PID is the process ID. Well that's a start

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
thanks. anyone else have any other useful terminal commands?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Yeah, type "Go fsck youself" to do a File System Check. >_>

Another sleepless night, beret?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
fsck is done as a very late resort in single user terminal (restart holding Apple S) and I would use /sbin/fsck -fy

M

MoltenLava

Terminal console is basically a Unix shell window. You should get a basic Unix book to learn more about the Unix commands and how they work.

fsck is not an emergency tool. It's a standard maintenance tool, just like windows chkdsk. It just needs to be done with file system unmounted, as in single user mode.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
Shut up Zero. Ill get you in the GCL. Twits on so ha! Anyways, thanks for your help and if anyone has any Unixs book that they want to tell me about, feel free to PM me or post it here.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I wasn't in there, need sleep.

Of course, I only got 3 hours.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
oh fine get sleep. you gotta log on though. Killing the GCL. hue or AJ showin up anymore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.