• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple online store querie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1GB ram, 160GB HD. iMac 20" 2Ghz Core 2 Duo Aluminum, 2GB ram, 250GB HD
Apple online store query

Hi,

Recently I bought the upgrade of Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard for £5.95 on the Apple UK website.

I paid through debit card and when I checked my bank on Friday the £5.95 has come out. However, when I checked into my bank account again today it looks like Apple have gone into my bank account and took out £1:Angry:

I did phone Apple to tell them to cancel my original order so I can change my payment option from wire transfer to debit card.

Could this be the reason that Apple has charged me £1 for cancelling my original order for me to reorder Leopard through using a different payment option?

Please advise as I am very angry:Angry:

Artmuzz

Reaction score
Could this be the reason that Apple has charged me £1 for cancelling my original order for me to reorder Leopard through using a different payment option?

It was probably just a pre-authorization payment, I bet you'll get the refund for it shortly. Has the £1 charge actually cleared or is it just pending?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
sometimes companys charge for using different types of payment options but i dont know if apple do this or not.

You should phone them up and complain. You never know you may get something free out of it or at least your £1 back.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1GB ram, 160GB HD. iMac 20" 2Ghz Core 2 Duo Aluminum, 2GB ram, 250GB HD
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

The £1 has actually come out my bank account. I will have to phone them up but not on my mobile phone as my phone charged £5 last time I phoned them as its a 0845 number:Grimmace:

I just think its pathetic why they never told me that they would take £1 out my account as I could of got overdrawn.

Artmuzz

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.