Higher Education (HE) discount for iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
How much would the

1) 20 inch 2.4GHz iMac
2) 24 inch 2.4GHz iMac

be after Higher Education discount?

p.s. I have been scouring the forums for info on this but couldn't find anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
check out the KRCS website, pick the mac you want & on the list on left it says
something like education prices with a drop down menu, just choose education discount type & it'll give you the updated price

the site is www.krcs.co.uk

hope this helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
check out the KRCS website, pick the mac you want & on the list on left it says
something like education prices with a drop down menu, just choose education discount type & it'll give you the updated price

the site is www.krcs.co.uk

hope this helps

The KRCS doesn't display the correct price for iMacs with HE discount.

The total price on an iMac 24in 2.4GHz after HE discount is £999 (13% discount). Man I wish there was somewhere else on the net that just had that one sentence! I've been looking for 2 hours!

You can either get this price by either shopping at the Apple Store and going to the Higher Education section (this will only work if you're on your university network), or calling up Apple on 0800 0391010 and doing it directly over the phone.

Note: There have been reports that you can get slightly better discount over the phone (e.g. 14%), but this is not guaranteed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Note: There have been reports that you can get slightly better discount over the phone (e.g. 14%), but this is not guaranteed.

I'd better keep quiet about my 17% then!.

Seriously - why not just call Apple - they are they the only people who will give you the HE discount, if eligible, so they know all the prices. Sorted!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The first thing I did was to call the store, but it was down today (with the updates of the new macbooks and macbook pros) so they couldn't answer any of my questions.

Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
Is it possible to go to a store in person in the UK and get the HE discount?

I'm not eligible - yet! - but I'd much prefer to do that than try and accept delivery of an iMac in student halls of residence I think! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Is it possible to go to a store in person in the UK and get the HE discount?

I'm not eligible - yet! - but I'd much prefer to do that than try and accept delivery of an iMac in student halls of residence I think! :D

No - you have to call the dedicated HE sales number or you may be able to access the HE website - but only from your HE college (and then not always!) - details are on the Apple website (see http://store.apple.com/Catalog/uk/Images/routingpage.html)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No - you have to call the dedicated HE sales number or you may be able to access the HE website - but only from your HE college (and then not always!) - details are on the Apple website (see http://store.apple.com/Catalog/uk/Images/routingpage.html)

From what I've read, this is not always the case. Some people have said that they CAN get the deal in store, but they have to bring proof that they are a student. It wouldn't hurt to try really if you're worried about security.

Btw sprite, I've PMd you about a way to keep your iMac safe whilst at uni.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme, 500+500GB HD, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.1
Hi Steven,

Its seems you already have an answer to your question but I will pop in a response anyway :)

When I recently purchased my iMac, being a student got me roughly £300 GBP off the RRP. It also allowed me to get the new CS3 suite at a very discounted rate. I also got a free I pod nano, which I have to say, is a great little bit of kit!

I dealt with apple UK/IRELAND direct on the phone, and a very helpful guy Richard sorted me out.

Hope this input was useful!

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.