12" powerbook

M

mac_noobie

Hi, well I am definatly going to be a switcher to apple computers, and I look forward to learning about them and helping people out on this forum like the others who have helped me. I was just wondering if anyone out of experience knows how crisp and clear the 12" powerbook screens are. I was at circuit city last night trying to get an idea of what a 12.1 " screen would be like, however the ones on display had lousy contrast and were hard to look at. Is this a common trait amoung small screened laptops or was the display model just chinsy.

Thanks

OP
M

mac_noobie

Oh yes, and I don't mean lousy as in the screens are small but in the color and contrast of the resolution. I am looking for a powerful small laptop. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
My buddy has a 12" iBook and the screen looks great last time I saw it. Just get a 17" powerbook! The minute I turned on my 17" powerbook my jaw dropped at how amazing and clear the display is.

OP
M

mac_noobie

gee I wish I could, I'm just a student and I don't have enough money for a 17 inch powerbook. Thats why I was asking about the 12". Plus the 17 inch laptops are still new, and they cost alot more.

OP
C

Cloudane

Amazingly clear here, on a 12" Powerbook. I'd say the display model you saw either had the brightness/contrast controls wrong or was faulty. Certainly clearer than my 17" desktop iiyama :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.