Got leopard, now some questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
First off, I did a clean install and it was smooth as butter. I heard of some dock slowdown issues or the like, but so far leopard has been positively screaming for me. The only one issue i've had so far is a hanging quit with transmission. Anyway, i was wondering if I could use a firewire external for bootcamp. Plus is the speed dif between USB 2 and firewire 800 THAT different? Oh, and is it just me or are the video backdrop effects in photo booth not as good as they were made out to be? (the background often gets meshed with my body, very often. and random bits of background sometimes appear. Granted these are minor gripes because its still cool and on a technical side its amazing.) Another quick question, although its trivial i saw at the macworld convention they were showing off an effect that turned you into a hologram like in star wars... how do you do that?

Reaction score
Plus is the speed dif between USB 2 and firewire 800 THAT different?

I'm pretty sure that Firewire 800 represents at least, if not double the speed of USB 2.0

Oh, and is it just me or are the video backdrop effects in photo booth not as good as they were made out to be? (the background often gets meshed with my body, very often. and random bits of background sometimes appear.

I don't think it's you, there are similiar posts here about PB in Leopard.

Another quick question, although its trivial i saw at the macworld convention they were showing off an effect that turned you into a hologram like in star wars... how do you do that?

I'm not sure if that effect made it into the final release of Leopard .. ?

Star Wars Hologram Effect for iChat and PhotoBooth

OK here it is. Like I said its not quite right yet

I have just figured how to put this effect in Photobooth as well.

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
is it possible to use a firewire external for bootcamp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz 2GB RAM 500GB internal HDD + 1 TB Formac XTR External HDD - iPhone 3G 16 GB Black
is it possible to use a firewire external for bootcamp?

You cannot boot/install windows on a FW drive and that's not a bootcamp problem, as usual this is how windows has been designed. It needs to reside on you Local HD (1st partition ? )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.