Apple.com: iPod Offer on iMac Purchase

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dont have one yet <sob>
A few weeks ago - when the new iMac came out, Apple gave an iPod (nano ?) with the purchase of an iMac
(Now. I don't remember whether it was total giveaway or a big discount on iPod)

Anyway there's no such offer now.

My question is when can we expect this type of offer again ? Is this a cyclical thing like around school start ?

thanks

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
It's a free iPod nano if you're a student. I don't recall this promotion for non-students.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
My question is when can we expect this type of offer again ? Is this a cyclical thing like around school start ?

thanks
It is a college student only offer and it comes around near the end of summer every year, running until late September or so.
It isn't exactly a free iPod, it is a rebate offer for the cost of an iPod Nano.
You still have to pay for the iPod up front, then complete the rebate form to receive the payback later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
Yep that's right - student deal only. Just ordered an iMac and 'free' iPod Nano 4Gb for my son.

You have to pay for the iPod as normal, fill out an on-line claim form and submit a printed version of the form with a copy receipt (for iMac and iPod), plus the EAN labels (?? - barcoded shipping labels I think ??) for both products. Eventually - Apple quote up to 8 weeks - they will either send a check or credit your bank account.

In the UK the credit is for iPod Nano 4Gb price, less VAT - means the iPod costs me GBP £14 (US$28). Think the deal ends 30th October.

OP
matelot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dont have one yet <sob>
well do you have to provide proof of that ? (college student)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
well do you have to provide proof of that ? (college student)
Not as a metter of course...Apple state that they might ask for evidence once you've placed your order....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.