Windows XP only

Reaction score
Newbie question here, hopefully I won't upset anyone here with it. I really haven't used any apple computers before, so I don't know how to use it's OS, so I wanted to know if one can just install Windows XP on it and forget about OX?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 Ghz 4GB RAM OS X 10.5.1
If you want to do that, then why would you buy an Apple. Why not just buy a new Dell or HP?

Oh and by the way, all the answers to newbie questions can be found using the Search button.

OP
C
Reaction score
Honestly, I like the imac for it's looks plus it's all in one. I have enough cluter on my desk, so this would be perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 Ghz 4GB RAM OS X 10.5.1
What you want to do is run Boot Camp. More information about that can be found here or on Apple's website.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks, I will definetly look into boot camp, plus I plan to visit an apple store, I have some questions that I need to be answered before I take the plunge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What he wants to do is only run Windows XP. He doesn't want OS X on his machine at all. We've been through these sort of threads so often that I'm not even going to bother talking him out of it.

Here's what you do. Get yourself a copy of Boot Camp. Burn a driver disc. Quit the Boot Camp Assistant. Then pop in your XP disc. Restart and hold the "C" key. Windows setup will begin. Format the drive to NTFS and then install Windows. Once you're done installing, pop in that driver disc you made earlier. Run through that setup and you'll be good to go.

Have fun with Windows.

Reaction score
SO SAD.... It makes me think of Transformers when the yellow car is being tide down and frozen. A Mac Dying Its just wrong. To have a near flawless machine running a OS that will be the flaw.

Any how best of Luck to you. But before you do it try the MAC OS for a few days you might just like it, if not then you can run windows

Reaction score
Do keep in mind that the keyboard layout is different. If you don't want to run Mac OS X, then you might as well just buy a PC laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January
just get a gateway all in one computer...

Getting an iMac JUST for windows is just plain wrong

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Sad.... so so sad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
What a waste of Apple engineering.............. the fact the Apples LOOK good is just a bonus. The real beauty IS the operating system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
How could you do such a thing on a perfect computer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.