Safari Menu Bar Colors - Can they be changed?

Reaction score
When I installed Leopard I decided to give Safari another try. I've been using FireFox on my Mac and prior to the switch on my Windows XP box.

Here's my question. I have limited vision and for the most part Apple provides ways for me to effectively work i.e. increasing mouse pointer size etc.

The Safari bookmark bar and toolbar background is a gray or silver color and the text of any bookmarks I save and the buttons on the toolbar are black. This makes them very hard to see let alone read. Is there any way to change the background color? With FireFox I just had to load some of the many themes until I found one that was easy to see.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I nver use the bookmark bar. It's not easy to see for people with good vision, so you must struggle.

I use the drop down menu. The black on white is much easier to see.

Reaction score
A Handy Hint

I don't know if you've already tried this but it's worth considering.

If you click on the open book icon to the far left of the Bookmarks toolbar, you are directed to the list of all your bookmarks, which are displayed in your Browser Window.

There is a search field in the upper right where you can simply type a few letters and a matching list is displayed much like Spotlight.

Then when you find your bookmark just double-click it to launch it.

If you change your mind and want to return to the page you were previously viewing, just click the open book icon again and you will be returned to that page.

picture_1-20071030-093959.jpg

*I love Skitch*

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I do generally use the bookmark menu but the bar and the tab bar are nice features.

Apple is regarded as being very responsive to accessibility issues. Perhaps I'll email them with my comments and hope they eventually get to the Safari development team.

For now anyway it seems to perform a little better than FireFox so I'll stick with Safari for a while.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.