For other languages...

L

likewings

This september my girlfriend and I shall be starting college. She needed a computer so i convinced her to go with a Mac. One thing I wanted to check though, she's studying french so i was wonderign how os x and things like office x works with different languages. and was it worth getting a french keyboard etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
The Mac OS itself will run in any language under on this planet without additional language packs, unlike windows. Depending on the Application, you may be required to purchase the application in the language of choice. Having said that, some give universal support.

MacOffice 2004 English international version, has dictionary support for just about any language. Although the application interface is, i think in English only. If you want it in French I think you'll need a French version.

A standard keyboard has support for All European languages. To access é ü î à or any of the accents, you just press option (alt) key.

Personally, I wish Apple have keycaps for a Chinese keyboard... :rolleyes:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.