What do you do when a program won't open?

Reaction score
I went and upgraded to Leopard and iLife08, and now I can't get iMovie to open. I tried reinstalling but that didn't do it. I don't know much about Mac troubleshooting, so I'm kind of at a loss here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
You can use the Console application in the Applications/Utilities folder to view logs. Perhaps that will give a hint.

You can try repairing permissions via Disk Utility application.

Do you get any message when iMovie doesn't open?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
do you have any iMovie plugins that may be preventing it to opening. Maby you can try reinstalling leopard then installing iLife again.

OP
Jhorra
Reaction score
This is the first time I've ever tried to use it. I've never installed any plugins. The error is just that the program unexpectedly quit.

OP
Jhorra
Reaction score
I ran the software update, and it had an update for iMovie. After installing the update, it ran fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.