3.5mm to USB Adapter Question

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
Since my MBP has to have a powered mic, I'm currently using a USB headset. However, as I stated in a previous thread, I was looking for a new headset as my current one's sound quality is less than stellar, and it's painful after 2-3 hours of use.

I just purchased some Sennheisers, and realized as it was verifying my credit card that it's 3.5mm instead of USB. (They're so beautiful my mind was elsewhere)

Do any of you have any experience with something like this?

B1003606759.jpg

It's simply an adapter to make your Input/Output 3.5mm plugs into a single USB plug. If you think it will work, I'll shop around for one that looks less bobo, as the craftmanship of that one gives me the willies.

I guess my question is, will this work? Will it sound like trash? Should I return my headphones and purchase the more expensive USB headset?

Thanks in advance :)

OP
nZa

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
TTT - any suggestions?

I have Sennheiser PC151's and want to hook them up through USB so that the mic will work. Some of Sennheiser's higher-end headsets come with a 3.5mm to USB adapter, but do not sell it seperately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
if you had a usb headset working before for what ever you are doing this should work fine as all it will do is take the info from head set and run it in 2 mac vie usb

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.