2 questions about my new macbook (switch from windows)

Reaction score
I just switched from Windows with a new MacBook.

I have 2 "how do i do this on a mac" questions:

1. I keep a lot of applications opened at once. But I often need to return to the desktop to click something (such as a bookmark shortcut to an app). In Windows, there was a quick launch shortcut to minimize everything and return to the desktop. I don't see such functionality on my Mac. Is there a quick way to get back to viewing the entire desktop?

2. When saving a file, the "save as" dialog box only lets me save to a top-level folder, such as "Documents". How do I save to a subfolder inside Documents? Or do I have to do as I've been doing -- save to Documents, then open up Finder and drag it to the right subfolder?

Thanks!

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
1. Its called Expose, and its set as your F11 key by default.

2. When you are at the save window, there is a small triangle to one the right, click it and you can select whatever directory you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
1. Because mac's windows are not full screen (by default), just click on an area of the desktop that peeks out from behind your active window(s). Goes straight to desktop. This also applies to any other app you might have open -- just click on a sliver of the window and it will come to the front.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.