I'm not sure if I should buy a Macbook

Reaction score
I only have 3 reasons to get it, it seems nice but what else would I want it for other then theese things I think I know they have

-Video editing
-making a website thing
-No viruses for them

Oh yeah, and they look awsome. How long is they're battery life? and can they connect to say- If I went to a friends house, could I go online there, or is it home only? And anything else I should know. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
The average battery life for a macbook is between 4-5 hours. But that depends on what your doing and whether or not your wifi and bluetooth is on.

For me I get 4-5 hours if I have my wifi on and I've got 5-6 apps open such as safari, mail, adium, pages...etc...

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, YYapYYap.

One thing comes to my mind reading your post... Video editing on a MacBook? Wouldn't the lack of a dedicated graphics card be a problem?

If portability is not essentail, why not go with the new iMac instead? It's a much more powerful machine IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Wouldn't a macbook with 2 gigs of ram be OK for video editing. I thought you only need a good Graphics card for 3D things.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Wouldn't a macbook with 2 gigs of ram be OK for video editing. I thought you only need a good Graphics card for 3D things.....

Depends what you're doing. Some GPUs have video encode and decode assists, such as the Radeon 2900HD or the 8600GT.

However, if you're just using iMovie/iDVD, the C2D in the MacBook gets the job done just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook w/ 2.16GHz Duo & 2GB RAM
I do a little video editing with my MB (2.16GHz, 2GB RAM) using iMovie, mostly just small movies made with my still camera (Canon PS S2 IS). It does OK, but it can be laggy. iMovie 08 runs a GREAT deal faster than 06 did. If you're mostly playing around and don't need more than what iMovie provides, you should be OK.

Also, gave it a whirl with my new Leopard install before I posted this and it is definitely faster than with Tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
i edit and create video podcasts on my macbook and it works fine. you only really need the separate graphics processor the Macbook pro has if you doing lots of hardcore video and graphic editing.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
The average battery life for a macbook is between 4-5 hours. But that depends on what your doing and whether or not your wifi and bluetooth is on.

For me I get 4-5 hours if I have my wifi on and I've got 5-6 apps open such as safari, mail, adium, pages...etc...

I've had 3 Macbooks and never got over 3.5 hours with wifi on, or the brightness turned up past 1 bar. :'(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.