Iphoto Question

Reaction score
How does one delete the events without deleteing the photos in the albums. I downloaded the photos from camera, they show up as events, I create albums of the different photos. When I delete the photos from the events window and go to view the albums the photos in the albums have been deleted also. This kind of seems foolish to create albums when the photos are saved as events. What is the difference? Am I missing something? I am new to Iphoto, but willing to learn.:)
Thanks
Don

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
There is a difference in the way events and albums work. Events show you the real photographs, that is, if you delete them from that event, the picture is deleted. The album is a sort of pseudo photograph, in that, you can have the same photograph in different albums and such. Deleting a picture from an album only deletes it from that particular album.

Now with events, you don't need to create albums. Just organise your pictures into events and it is all good from there. Events are the new Albums....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.