A total mac newbie...

Reaction score
So yeah, I got a macbook pro today, and just installed Leopard...

well, I get to the login screen for the first time, and it prompts me for my Name and Password... well I put those in (I tried full name and the name that I named my drive) and the password... and I seem to be failing at getting it to work.

I clicked to go back and the options there are "Other" (which brings me back to the name and password screen) "Shut Down" "Restart", etc...
I tried resetting the admin password by putting Leopard in and holding C, and even when I tried using the new password, that didn't work... anyone have any suggestions? thanks!

~Newbie :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Sounds daft but make sure the caps lock isn't on.

Be very careful to get the password and name right.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
you could just reinstall leopard,
just try this first; I think that the default user name is your full name (If you put it in during setup) put together and lowercase (ex. John Smith would be johnsmith)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
That's how it was on mine. And of course the guys at the Apple Store didn't even ASK me if that's how I wanted it. :-/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.