Echo Cancellation Software

Reaction score
Is there any way to cancel echo caused from sound comming from an external speaker into a macbook’s built in mic. I need a software solution; I cannot use an eco cancellation mic.

I have built a system for people who have vision and hearing loss at the same time so they can feel the sounds in their environment through a large speaker. However the feedback is too heavy. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Llain

OP
N
Reaction score
Thats right, it's a powerbook mic. I decided to use it because it picks up very slight sounds even across the room. And the computer amplfies the sound to a level that is strong enough to drive the speaker. It works brilliantly other than the feedback.

The thing is I know it works because MSN Messenger voice chat for PC and Skype have software solutions for echo cancelation. I just need this solutin to apply to all of the sounds the computer is processing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.