A change of heart!

Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
When I decided I would buy a Mac, it was because I knew I could install Windows if I wanted to and have that 'fall-back'. I play WoW and I could probably also get better performance under Windows.

However, now with my MBP freshly loaded with Leopard and the option is there, I can't bring myself to do it.

It feels like I'd be polluting it :(

I checked for instance the size of my WoW directory - it's 10GB! I'd have to partition at least 20GB for Windows just in case I played something else later on that side of things...

And then I'd have to set it up with internet security...

*wraps MBP in cotton wool*

Anybody else find that they couldn't be bothered with Boot Camp after initially thinking they really wanted it? Did you succumb eventually?

Reaction score
If you have a true use for Windows on your Mac then I don't see anything wrong with it but personally I wouldn't do it just "cos I could"

I too sort of see it as polluting ... but that's just me 'cos after all I use my Windows box for XP'ing and my iMac rectangle for OS X'ing ;p

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yep..

Have a couple of programs that there are just no Mac compatible counterparts. Or the ones that exist take twice as long to do the job. Although I did it with great reluctance and I did wait until I bought an external backup drive so I could get the OEM priced version.

Have been waiting to buy either Parallels or VMWare fusion until after the Leopard upgrade though to see which one has done the work to make sure it works there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Current iPhone and iPod owner, Future Mac Owner
I'm in a similar situation... I plan on getting a Mac soon, and I was originally thinking about installing Windows on it so that I could run AutoCAD and 3D Studio MAX. But now that I've done more research about ArchiCAD (which runs natively in Mac OS X), I'll probably just make a point to learn that and not even bother with Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You're splitting your harddrive into two sections. The two sections have nothing to do with each other in effect, so you could install Windows and never ever use it and notice nothing when using OS X every day.

The 'pollution' idea is merely psychological :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I play WoW also on my MBP (using the Mac version) and I also run Windows under Parallels, but just because there is software at work that I have to be able to access. But I'd say 95% of the time I'm strictly Mac software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
I play WoW on my iMac - no problems at all. You can install the Mac version from the CD's, or download the Mac version and then you won't need it under windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.