Not sure how to describe this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
Wasn't sure what to call this thread, or which section to put it in.

I'm getting a Mac Pro tomorrow, now that Leopard has been released.

I was wondering if the ones (computers, I mean) they have in the store for sale are new stock (came pre-installed with Leopard), or if it's the same stock, but they just upgraded Tiger to Leopard the day before...

eg. Did they send the old stock back to Apple, and the ones with Leopard are a brand new shipment?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.66Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, OSX 10.5.6
Wasn't sure what to call this thread, or which section to put it in.

I'm getting a Mac Pro tomorrow, now that Leopard has been released.

I was wondering if the ones (computers, I mean) they have in the store for sale are new stock (came pre-installed with Leopard), or if it's the same stock, but they just upgraded Tiger to Leopard the day before...

eg. Did they send the old stock back to Apple, and the ones with Leopard are a brand new shipment?

Thanks.

For what its worth, I bought a Mini tonight and it still had Tiger installed with a Leopard disk added to the box.

Sipper

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the units will be tiger, installed but a copy of Leopard will be put in the box, and after X-mas all the machines will be upgraded, so i think you will have to install it your self, I have forgot where i got this from, hope it helps.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
ok. Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Hmm I read on here that the machines would be sold with leopard installed on them after 6 PM today... let us know how it goes.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I believe the only systems to have Leopard install at the Apple store will be the display models. The current inventory will have Tiger loaded and have both Tiger and Leopard install media included.

Reaction score
Great question....I was told that after the 26th they would have Leopard installed...But maybe they meant they would install a disk into the box and let me load it...I hope not...

Reaction score
Let me add to my last post...Your question got me thinking so I called the local Apple store...The first thing the gal I spoke with said was..."Good questions..." After she checked no one knew...I asked her how I could find out and she said: "Come down and buy one..." Thanks...

Reaction score
Hmmm....that doesn't sound too encouraging. Not to mention our nearest Apple store is an hour+ (with SoCal traffic) away. How about the online retailers? I guess I could email them. Just trying to do too many things at once! Not to mention some supposed friends trying to talk me OUT of getting a Mac. Sigh.

Reaction score
Most people I know are trying to talk me out of it...and if you read enough of the forums you could do it yourself...

But I think the nature of these forums is to find help with issues so your (I'm) gonna see a lot of problems posted...I'd guess that a Windows forum would be pretty much the same...

Most of my concerns have been addressed and I know there will be a learning curve but I'm in...That being said I know I'll soon be posting threads with titles like: "I Can't...", "How Do I...", "Why Can't I..."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.