MBP coming on Monday, so excited!

Reaction score
I'm getting a MBP 15 inch (the 2.2 Ghz kind with an upgraded 160GB hard drive) arriving to me on Monday. My question is what would be the best way to go about doing "initialization".

What I mean to say is, should I bother doing a reformat-reinstall right away? How should I go about calibrating the battery or charging it correctly so it will be at its best? Is there anything else I should do with my MBP when I first get it?

Thanks in advance for all your help. I can't wait to be a switcher!

- Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
My advice: Just use it. OS X isn't loaded with trial programs (except Office and iWork which can be easily deleted) and bloatware.

Don't worry about reinstalling the OS; it's not worth your time and is frankly pointless. Use it, enjoy it, and welcome to the Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,33 Ghz , 2GB Ram , 120 GB HDD , X1600
Grats with your Mac !!!

Reaction score
As for the battery If I recal correctly I pluged in my laptop and started, by 5 in the morning i had to stop myself and set it aside (plugged in) later that day it was fully charged, and my battery goes for every and a day without need for re-charge... so i dont think calibration is a big of deal, as it is for something like an rc car or something... hope i helped...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.