iTunes freezes when I import a disc... help

Reaction score
Like 30% of the time when I'm importing a CD into my iTunes library with my brand new MacBook Pro it will get to a certain track and stop.... Eventually the % complete dissapears and leads to the spinning beach ball and an eventual force quit.... This exact thing happned with my old MacBook.... Are these drives very picky? I have the LG..... Wouldn't you expect some sort of error message rather than an eternal beach ball?

Reaction score
You say the rip always seems to get to a certain track then stop ... about how far into the CD is it .... is it always at the aprox same part of a CD rip?

Try just importing say a third of a CD then eject it. How did it go? If it ripped the tracks without hanging then try again, this time import another third or whatever ... just to fine tune exactly what's going on here ...

Also use another User Account or create one if there aren't any ... test out iTunes ... make sure you quit iTunes in your User Account first ..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.