• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Free Leopard Shirt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January
Hi guys, I just have a quick questions about the Leopard shirts that they are giving out with the release of Leopard.

I am typing all this form memory so please don't get angry if I say something thats not a "fact"

I read that Apple retail stores are giving out free Leopard T-Shirts to the first 500 customers that come in to their store, between ??6pm - 10pm??

Firstly, does this promotion take place in other countries outside the USA, like NZ or AUS?? I would really like one of these shirts :D

Secondly, Do I have to purchase anything to get it? Since I am not palnning to purchase anything from apple until I get my MBP in January.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just have a quick questions about the Leopard shirts that they are giving out with the release of Leopard.

I am typing all this form memory so please don't get angry if I say something thats not a "fact"

I read that Apple retail stores are giving out free Leopard T-Shirts to the first 500 customers that come in to their store, between ??6pm - 10pm??

Firstly, does this promotion take place in other countries outside the USA, like NZ or AUS?? I would really like one of these shirts :D

Secondly, Do I have to purchase anything to get it? Since I am not palnning to purchase anything from apple until I get my MBP in January.

Thanks in advance.

No need to purchase - free to the first 500 people between 6pm-10pm Friday. I received an email about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I heard they close down for a little before 6pm, is this true? My cousin and I are going to get there at 4 and we don't mind waiting around for a few hours (although it will be cold) but I am just curious if the store will be open for all day or if they will be closed from 4-6pm or 5-6pm or something.

Reaction score
It'll be closed form 4 to 6 or something like that, to upgrade all the OS's on all their computes, and get setup with all the leopard disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
The sign at the store last night did in fact say they'd be closing at 4pm and reopening at 6.

T

M

MacHeadCase

Same thing here: they close at 4, open at 6 and free t-shirts to the first 500 attendees.

All Macs will be running Leopard and at each Mac there will be a genius who will demonstrate a given Leopard feature. So I guess there are plenty of new features in Leopard because there's plenty of Macs in that store.

I'm goin'. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
I'm looking forward to going...my girlfriend's never experienced the new OSX Macs...her elementary school is still using old pre-iMac computers. Ick. I've been trying to get that district IT head to see the light of day...but to no avail. :p Maybe if I can get her amped she can spread the word to the teachers. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I'm assuming that the Norfolk store will be sold out prior to my getting there, I have to work till six and then theres an hour and a half drive so I don't know what I'm gonna do. I mean I'm going to Norfolk anyways but it seems a waste if they are sold out...maybe I'll just order it online. I know I'm not getting any free stuff. :(

haha any people in norfolk that will buy me a copy and wait around so I can give them the money for it? (kidding)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Same thing here: they close at 4, open at 6 and free t-shirts to the first 500 attendees.

All Macs will be running Leopard and at each Mac there will be a genius who will demonstrate a given Leopard feature. So I guess there are plenty of new features in Leopard because there's plenty of Macs in that store.

I'm goin'. :D

Oh you are so lucky to live close to an Apple store! Take lots of pics for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'm hoping I'm one of the first 500. I'm gonna be getting in line around 5 or so, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I am leaving work in an hour and driving to the Grand Rapids store around 4. My cuz goes to school in the area. My copy didn't get delivered today so I gotta pick it up today while I am there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I am leaving work in an hour and driving to the Grand Rapids store around 4. My cuz goes to school in the area. My copy didn't get delivered today so I gotta pick it up today while I am there.

Why would it have gotten delivered today? They just say it will be shipped from the warehouse, wherever that may be, on the 26th, delivery is whatever time fedex, dhl, etc recieves the package and can transport it to you.

OP
ChaePod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
I got two. They gave me one, and my girlfriend one. Both size XL. The Apple dude asked her if she was going to sleep in hers. Too funny. I think he knew they were both for me. I will wear one and maybe sell the other? Yes, we purchased Leopard.

Front:
17631785616bbeb5c4c7kd8.jpg

Back:
1764029210754c3e6633yy7.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
My brother and I each got a shirt :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.