Word processeing using cut and paste

Reaction score
I work with a lot of documents using cut and paste that also involves being able to cut and paste tables without loosing any of their formatting. Up until a week ago when I was using word on my old tank of a pc this was a piece of cake.

So for the past week I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to copy a simple 5 page document, with a few tables, into Pages. Every time I try and every way I try the tables loose any form of formatting and a simple five page document turns into an unusable mess of 35 pages in length with massive amounts of blank space and no hint whatsoever of a table. As time goes by I am getting more and more frustrated.

There has to be a simple way to work with documents with tables on this device without loosing all formatting. After getting a computer and iworks there is no way I can get an all new version of microsoft office.

Reaction score
What exactly are you copying from? Are you copying your Word documents into Pages?

If so, you can open a MS Office file in Pages.

Reaction score
I work with a lot of documents using cut and paste that also involves being able to cut and paste tables without loosing any of their formatting. Up until a week ago when I was using word on my old tank of a pc this was a piece of cake.

So for the past week I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to copy a simple 5 page document, with a few tables, into Pages. Every time I try and every way I try the tables loose any form of formatting and a simple five page document turns into an unusable mess of 35 pages in length with massive amounts of blank space and no hint whatsoever of a table. As time goes by I am getting more and more frustrated.

There has to be a simple way to work with documents with tables on this device without loosing all formatting. After getting a computer and iworks there is no way I can get an all new version of microsoft office.

I would just take a screenshot of the formatted table and import it as an image, into the new document.

Command + Shift + 4 is used for taking a screenshot of a specified area, when you press the keyboard combo you'll notice the cursor turns into a cross-hair. Just click & drag the cross-hair over the formatted table, then import the image (should be on your desktop) into the new document.

OP
B
Reaction score
I work with copying things from pages in my on-line classes into my personal notes.

Command+shift+F4? Will give it a try. :)

Reaction score
I work with copying things from pages in my on-line classes into my personal notes.

Command+shift+F4? Will give it a try. :)

Yeah, do the keyboard combo and drag the cross-hair over the selection you want to grab .... if you've got the volume on you'll hear the sound of a camera taking a photo ...

There may be a more *official* way to do the copying/pasting but honestly the way I suggest is quick'n'easy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.