Sharing firefox

Reaction score
I have a guest accout set up, and I am trying to setup Firefox for this account. I have tried downloading it to the guest account but this hasen't worked, when I try to open Firefox it tells me to contack admin for assistance. I have tried to drag it to the public folder and it will not go into the folder. Safaria works fine in the guest account. Please help.
I have Firefox in my Applications I draged it there when I installed it. I have Applications on my HD where else should I have it. I have a file folder on my dock that is apps. Firefox is in both of them. Should I reinstall Firefox and how do I install it in apps? Appreciat your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
In your admin account do you have 2 "Applications" folders??? One within your Home folder, and one within the HDD level Folder???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Ride, yes it is possible to have ~/Applications/
I do!

gumdrop, have you tried installing Firefox into the /Applications/ folder?
When you switch users, a new profile will be created for Firefox, even though the same application is being launched.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Ride, yes it is possible to have ~/Applications/
I do!

gumdrop, have you tried installing Firefox into the /Applications/ folder?
When you switch users, a new profile will be created for Firefox, even though the same application is being launched.

Yes... That's what I was getting at... if the app (firefox) is located in ~/Applications/ it won't show up for other users... If it is in /Applications/ it will show up for all users system wide.

I have all my applications in /Applications/.

OP
G
Reaction score
I have apps on my HD but I don't understand what you mean by having apps in two locations. I did not have it in my home folder so I copyed apps there and it still dose not let the guest use firefox . What am I doing wrong. Should I uninstall firefox and reinstall it? When I downloaded firefox the first time I dragged it to my apps folder that is on my dock. Please need more help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.