MSN mesenger question

Reaction score
I downloaded a MSN program for my mac, but i can't see anyones display picture they are a just the msn logo...What do i do? or is it not posible for me to see?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I ditched MSN messenger ages ago

have you tried Adium X - supports more chat protocols

OP
H
Reaction score
I use Msn because all my friends use it...no one uses Aim or Yahoo really.

Reaction score
I use Msn because all my friends use it...no one uses Aim or Yahoo really.
There are many programs that let you be on MSN without using the official MSN Messenger - Adium is one of them, and it's really good. I much prefer it to the official MSN. Give it a try and see if it fixes your problem (and if you like it more)

Reaction score
if you took 2 seconds to google "adium" you would see this as the first hit

"Adium is a free instant messaging application for Mac OS X that can connect to AIM, MSN, Jabber, Yahoo, and more"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
I just downloaded Adium and didnt like it at all
Try aMSN or Mercury Messenger, then.
You'll probably find Adium wasn't that bad after all.
You CAN customize the look and feel of Adium you know...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I can't say I was totally thrilled with adium either. But you do know you can download emoticon, skins etc (they have a whole slew of them, like firefox has extensions). It depends on what you want, the only real prob I had with adium (and this depends on whether it matters to you. But when in rome....) is that whatever emoticons you have, you only see them unless the other person downloads those emoticons also. Otherwise they only see the keystrokes you've used or their own equivalents. This all might be changed in later versions as so far I think it's kept up pretty well.. It's much more stable then msn, and has better transfer abilities (some aren't better tho).

The other problem is that it auto names your account if you have more than one. It did ok on the non-admin one but the admin one it automatically names it and it won't give me a choice to change it.

If you still don't like it, you can search on this forum as there have been quite a few posts about adium and other free alternatives (amsn is one I think, but it's only for msn and you can't get icq, aol or others on it I don't think--but you can do webcam on it)... You can also search keywords "free, chat, mac" on here or google. Recently I also found there is an extension or plugin for firefox which allows all chat clients (but I haven't tried it yet--I found that at about.com under firefox along with games and a lot of other options)..

Good luck with that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Dude, have you tried updating the msn program - if you have - then its your internet that is the problem - I rarely use msn, but when I do, the display pictures always work. However, Adium is so much faster and doesn't crash unlike msn for mac, and I use that.

Alex

OP
H
Reaction score
the msn just started to load up the pictures now but! i downloaded amsn again to see if it would work and you can use the isight as a webcam on it! but its SO SO blurry!!!

Adium just looked so different to me....im used to the windows live msn so i would love one that just looks like that....if there is one!?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.