Switching to Mac, but have one concern.

Reaction score
I have used a Windows-based machine for my entire life and am going to give apple a chance with the purchase of my new laptop. I will be buying a the 15" MBP on Saturday from the local Mac Store. I look forward to the new OS experience as well as the many tools it provides. There is one thing that is worrying me though.

I currently work at a university that uses an Exchange server for all of its faculty/staff mail. My computer at work and home are both run windows and Outlook handles this flawlessly. I also have a smartphone running WindowsCE that receives all my mail/calendar/contacts on the go. For instance, if I change a contact's phone number and make an appointment on my calendar on my home computer, they are changed on the exchange server instantly, and therefore, are automatically updated to both my work computer and my handheld. I'm also able to send out messages from my handheld and they will show up on my in my sent folder at home and at work. While this is all handled by the exchange server, is there any built in software that can do this, or is my only chance of keeping this workflow by getting Office 2004 for the mac (I know 2007 is around the corner, but I can't wait several months).

I have found Mac software replacements for almost everything I use in my Windows machines except for a program that seamlessly handles mail/calender/contacts from an exchange server. I know that the built in mail client can work with our exchange server, but I am not sure that iCal and Contacts will be able to update themselves from changes made on my other machines.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Microsoft has an email client called Entourage, I'm not sure but that may work with the Exchange server. You can get entourage with Office for mac 2004 and 2008

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.