gettin a mac-questions

Reaction score
i am looking to get a 24inch imac and i have a few questions, first off i want to increase my ram to a larger ammount, on apple to increase it to 2gb its 150 extra whereas i could purchase 2 gb extra of ram for 90 on various websites, is there anything wrong or bad about doing this that could hurt my computer, and cani run both the mac ram and no name ram that i buy enabling me to have 3 gb of total ram? also do you think i should get the student discounted warrenty plan... im leaning towrds no since its a desktop and i just dont have the money but i dont know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
You can save yourself some money have install the Ram yourself. Crucial is the best, and totally compatible memory.
I would always recommend the Apple Care, although you don't have to purchase it when you buy your system, as long as you purchase it within the first year of ownership....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
From personal experience and many others words I think Kingston Ram is also very good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.