• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Burning DVDs for Playstation 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
This might have been asked before, and for that i'm sorry but I tried searching. I've tried burning DVDs using both Toast 8 and Burn and they play fine on my Macbook but they won't play at all on my Playstation 2. Is there a certain format your supposed to use to get them to work on other DVD players then the Macbook? If it matters i'm using DVD-R dvds. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Your PS2 requires a mod chip installed in order to play copied games, even if you own the original. Which I'm sure you do.
The mod chip bypasses the sony dvd validity check (along with region code, etc, etc).

How do you play a PS2 game on your MacBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I think he means DVD video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
A burned DVD should play fine in a PS2. I play them all the time. It might have to do with the format of the DVD you are using. I don't know the differences between DVD-R, DVD+R, etc though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
As far as I can remember, the Playstation 2 is very fickle, but in general will play dvd-r no problem at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, wireless mouse and keyboard, upgraded ram
Bump............

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, wireless mouse and keyboard, upgraded ram
I'm having the same problem as the the first post. The question never gets an answer. I bumped it to see if anyone had a solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.