MacBook restarting by itself

Reaction score
I am a 60 day switcher

3 times today, while plugged in, I walked away for about 20 minutes come back to my macbook (lid open) and my computer is restarted, fresh log in screen. This is new, it is not my power saver settings.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1181430&tstart=0

I am getting very concerned, and I have the above thread at another forum with out much luck, can anyone help me, b/c this problem is becoming more frequent.

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
That usually happeneds with computers (mac or pc) if they are getting to hot. Make sure your air vents at the back of the macbook are clear, so for example make sure it is not on a bed because the bed will block the air vents.

It is most probably is a hardware issue, so I would just take it to an apple store or call up apple

OP
M
Reaction score
That usually happeneds with computers (mac or pc) if they are getting to hot. Make sure your air vents at the back of the macbook are clear, so for example make sure it is not on a bed because the bed will block the air vents.

It is most probably is a hardware issue, so I would just take it to an apple store or call up apple

that makes perfect sense, except that the macbook was sitting on my desk with nothing under or blocking it. At what point do I take it in? :/

Is this apple's way of tricking you into buying leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I'd take it in now. The Apple genius can check through the console log files and see if there is something that points to the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook:: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo::1 Gig of RAM::160 Gigabyte Hard drive::10.4.10
that makes perfect sense, except that the macbook was sitting on my desk with nothing under or blocking it. At what point do I take it in? :/

Is this apple's way of tricking you into buying leopard?

I think if Apple was tricking you into buying leopard they would create an OS problem rather than wrecking your $1500 computer and most likely driving you away from the Apple brand altogether. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Take in your macbook ASAP. The sooner they can fix it the better.

Another reason why your macbook may be getting very hot is its very dusty inside. This is pretty common. However as your macbook is only 60 days old, I doubt that is the cause....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.