Backup Softwre of OSX 10.2

Reaction score
A friend has an older Mac Pro Tower, running 10.2 She wants to install Leopard, and I want to back up her machine before doing anything.

Both SuperDuper and Carbon Copy Cloner are not compatible with that release. Is there any other software I can use to do the initial backup, so I can erase her internal drives and install Leopard?

Thanks

OP
N
Reaction score
Ok, Dave at SuperDuper replied quickly as usual as follows:

If you'd like to use 1.5.5, which is compatible with 10.2.8, you can download the old version from here:

http://homepage.mac.com/bruce_lacey/.Public/SuperDuper!1.5.5.dmg

Hope that helps!
--
Dave Nanian
Shirt Pocket

A friend has an older Mac Pro Tower, running 10.2 She wants to install Leopard, and I want to back up her machine before doing anything.

Both SuperDuper and Carbon Copy Cloner are not compatible with that release. Is there any other software I can use to do the initial backup, so I can erase her internal drives and install Leopard?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Mac Pro Tower, running 10.2
I very much doubt that. All Mac Pros shipped with 10.4.x. She must have a Power Mac G4 or G5, and it would be best to know exactly what it is, and how much memory it had, before you upgrade to anything

Thanks

CCC 2.3 is still available for 10.2

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks, would there be any other Mac that is a tower other than the Mac Pro? I checked her OS yesterday and it was 10.2

I very much doubt that. All Mac Pros shipped with 10.4.x. She must have a Power Mac G4 or G5, and it would be best to know exactly what it is, and how much memory it had, before you upgrade to anything

CCC 2.3 is still available for 10.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
There are Mac towers going as far back as G3s that I know of that can run 10.2. Most of them are not going to be compatable with Leopard. Does the tower look like my avitar <--? If so, it's doubtfull.

-MikeM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.