Best Software For Creating Sales Flyers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook 12-inch G4 1.55ghz 80g 512mb superdrive
im making a flyer for a student union at school. right now i have OS 10.4 and i was wondering what software on here i could use to make the flyer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
download a trial of adobe illustrator or photoshop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Photoshop, InDesign or QuarkXPress. I wouldn't suggest illustrator for a flyer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Illustrator is probably the best thing if you are using a lot of text, if you are using mostly photographs then photoshop is the way to go. I would even go as far as to say Indesign, but its pretty tough to learn. If I was making a flyer I would use illustrator.

Reaction score
I need to create weekly sales flyers for my company. I’ve been using Word & Publisher, both limited and kind of lame for this purpose.

Being new to Mac I was wondering what the best Mac program would be to create these documents. Word is fine but the final product looks kinda primitive. I want a slick, professional looking flyer that I can create fairly easily.

The flyer typically has one or two images, my company logo and text with product specs and pricing.

Also my office is strictly PC so I guess I’ll have to export the doc into a pdf before bringing it into the office for printing.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Take a look at pages part of the iWork package. It maybe what your after.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC :) 24inch 2.8GHz 2GB Ram 500G HDD
PDF/flyers maker

Hello there everyone

Alright, so I am new to the mac world so please be gentle with me, hahaha

I am currently looking to make some flyers for my business and I want to do them in PDF format so that everyone can view (mac & PC) them and not be easily edited.

flyers will be a few pages long with images and such things.

So can anyone recommend some good programs out there??? I am also looking for some free (open source) programs to make things a little easier on the wallet :) But if not possible let me know.

:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
When I want to make flyers I just use Pages and then print to PDF.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I'll expand on what dakineyj said. You can print virtually anything from a Mac to a PDF file. It's built into the OS. Create whatever you want with whatever tools work best for you, print to PDF, and distribute to everyone. ^_^

Welcome magician to the world of the Mac and to M-F!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alright, so i can use CS3 and have an options to make it a PDF if i print to PDF when i am finished? Currently I'm at school, and will try it when i get home. Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Yep. In any app that allows you to print, just choose "PDF" down at the lower left corner, and choose "Save to PDF...". Just one more little nicety about OS X. :)

pdf.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok cool, thanks a bunch guys. It works.

Now I have another question.....ok well two.... 1. How do I make more then one page though??? 2. and later on down the road can i add more pages to the current project?

M

MacHeadCase

For that you would need Acrobat Professional, I think. Acrobat Professional lets you add files and assemble various .pdf files in a single one file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am going to assume that it isn't free?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok cool, thanks a bunch guys. It works.

Now I have another question.....ok well two.... 1. How do I make more then one page though??? 2. and later on down the road can i add more pages to the current project?

First question: It will create the PDF with as many pages as your original document. So, if your document is 4 pages in Pages, then it will create a 4 page PDF with the same formatting as your source document.

Second question: The way I do it is to keep the original source document in its native format, and then simply "print" to PDF again with the same filename whenever I update it. This will overwrite the previous PDF, effectively "adding" your new pages to the PDF. Just always make sure to save your doc in whatever format you are working in BEFORE you print to PDF initially.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do not understand fully your first answer.
there is no original document, when I go to print and click save as PDF, it will only do one page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do not understand fully your first answer.
there is no original document, when I go to print and click save as PDF, it will only do one page.

What are you printing? If it is a document, say in Pages, or Word, then that is your original document (since you said you're making flyers, I assumed it was from a word processing or page layout application). If said document is 4 pages in your application, then the PDF will also be 4 pages. Save your document in its native format (.pages, or .doc for example). When you want to "add" to your PDF, then open the original (.pages or .doc) file, make your changes/additions, and then save it, and "print" to PDF again using the same filename of the PDF you are wanting to update. This will overwrite the existing PDF, and it will now include all of your changes/additions. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh sorry man, earlier I mentioned i was using CS3.
I didn't know i could that with word also. So anything I can print, I will have the option to save as PDF is what your saying?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't know i could that with word also. So anything I can print, I will have the option to save as PDF is what your saying?

Yep, it's built into OS X itself, so any application that can print can print to PDF. :) I'm guessing that when you say "CS3", you are referring to Photoshop - that would explain the "one page" issue. If you have the whole suite, InDesign CS3 would probably be better to use for creating flyers.

Enjoy your Mac, and keep asking questions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook

CS3 is not an application. It is an application suite consisting of several applications.
The PDF Print option is built into the OS and is available for any printable application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.