• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Tofu?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
So I was at the store the other day, and I saw some tofu. I decided it was so weird that I had to buy it. Now I want to eat it, but I don't know what to do with it.

It's firm tofu by the way...
Anyone have any good suggestions for me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Oh jeez...there is a world of things you can do with tofu. I don't use it much when I cook, but I believe firm tofu is used mostly for stir-fry type dishes.

If you've never had tofu before, it tastes pretty much like nothing. However, it absorbs flavor wonderfully. Try different things with it. Do a quick stir-fry with vegetables and tofu, done in soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.

OP
Jeff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I'll have to give it a try. I'm really hungry, so I'll try about anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
Stir fry it with a bit of oil and some garlic, perhaps other vegetables. Onions, peas (in the pods), carrots would all be good choices.

//edit
Doh, got beat to it while being distracted and working on ten things at once

OP
Jeff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's ok. I still appreciate the suggestion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Stir fry it with a bit of oil and some garlic, perhaps other vegetables. Onions, peas (in the pods), carrots would all be good choices.

Yeah, those vegetables sound great :p

You really should use soy sauce though. Like I said, tofu does not have much taste. I'm getting hungry...

Good luck with that. Hope it turns out well :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.16 4gig 160GB
So I was at the store the other day, and I saw some tofu. I decided it was so weird that I had to buy it. Now I want to eat it, but I don't know what to do with it.

It's firm tofu by the way...
Anyone have any good suggestions for me?

Its also nice not cooked, cut yourself a 1inch cube, in a small dish, a bit of soy sauce on top, some Japanese garlic on top, or if you can find it try "miyogo" thinly sliced, a little crushed ginger and some thinly sliced onion. Very Japanese style and very testy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Its also nice not cooked, cut yourself a 1inch cube, in a small dish, a bit of soy sauce on top, some Japanese garlic on top, or if you can find it try "miyogo" thinly sliced, a little crushed ginger and some thinly sliced onion. Very Japanese style and very testy.

That sounds so good. I'm going shopping tomorrow and will pick some of that stuff up :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
CB, your avatar looks like a shot of you trying out the tofu! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's

as a first time tofu attempt i dont think i'd go that route....

my favorite tofu recipe:
one block firm tofu
one package tofutti cream cheese
one block frozen spinich
one box of large shells
your favorite pasta sauce
little garlic (fresh or powder)
onion

a) mince onion and garlic
b)cry
c)drain and sqeeze water out of tofu
d)saute onion and garlic on frying pan
e)add tofu and start mashing --should resemble scrambled eggs
f) stop cooking when begins to turn brown, do not burn at all
g) microwave spinich while tofu is cooking
h)mix all ingredients together(obviously dont include the shells
i)salt and pepper to taste
j)cook shells 3/4 of way
k)insert tofu mixture into shells
l)lay on pan lined with sauce
m)pour more sauce on top
n)bake in oven (remember all of your ingredients are not dead animals so nothing needs to be cooked to any certain temperature, you are just getting everything hot)
o)eat and dont tell your friends you are eating a completely vegetarian/vegan meal until after you are done

i also enjoy making tofu 'cheese' cake
stir fry's (i suggest small cubes)
grilled tofu sammich's
fried tofu sammich's
i tend to mix tofu into anything that could potentially contain dead animals, aka pasta sauce, 'meat'loaf's, etc......

tofu scramble!!!!! best meal ever....it is like scrambled eggs.
1/2 block tofu
any veggies you want that go well with breakfast
slice/mash/and cook in frying pan until hot
season to taste

-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.